OCCIDENTAL® Vision

Reaching the Epitome of Living Testimony & Releasing our Hidden Potential

GOALS

To continue to grow the seed of Jesus in our lives no matter where we are. God place us in Occidental, God place us in His destined place, God has His ways to help us to grow in Him. Amen.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Announcements

Time flies really fast... 2007 is over! I still remember how Occidental is form.. Memories remains vividly in my mind. Haaa.. Im really glad to be still here with you guys! Every single day is just so precious to me to be able to have the honour of leading all of you! Haa.. I hope you guys will love this caregroup just as much as I love it too =)

alright, here's some announcements for the upcoming events!

1. Evo Retreat
- A special celebration for all the new brothers and sisters as well as a gathering for all the members of SP Unit.
- Features: Overnight sharing, special programmes, a good time of fellowship and learning!
- Date: 2nd & 3rd of February 2008
- Time: After service & the whole of sunday! (exact time to be confirm again)
- Special items: Special news will be break on this very day, so do come! I have something prepared for you guys too. =)
- Things to bring: Perhaps bring some clothes to change for the overnight.. You can prepare something to bless each other if you will like to! As a token of appreciation for everyone!

2. Prayer Meeting
- I have decided to have a short prayer meeting this coming week for everyone to come together to pray and seek God for wisdom, so may we be enabled by Him in our examinations.
- Date: 23rd January 2008
- Time: Subject to change. I will like to hear from all of you guys what time is a better time for you guys.
- Venue: I decided to locate it at the jamming room, the moberly. Any objections?
- Take note: I really hope everyone will be present together! It is important for us to seek God for strengthening during this period of exams.. Let's depend on God just like David depending on God to fight the Goliath =) Let's not neglect God during exams!

3. JAE (for new year 1s)
- it is a very good time for us to get to know some new friends who will be coming to SP to study! It is a very good chance to get to know the new year 1s because it will be easy to identify them on the JAE (joint-admission exercise)
- Date: 26th, 28th & 29th January 2008
- I understand that many of us are still having our papers during these periods.. Therefore, if you have finish your papers, I will encourage you to go and get to know some new friends! This will be own time own target based =) And also, if you dun mind, you can still go ahead and spend an hour on each of these days to get to know new friends despite your exams have not ended. It is all about how much you want it! Just take note of the dates..
- Survey will be provided if you wanted to use. I will be emailing you guys. (Coreteams)

4. Chinese New Year House Invite!
- YES! CNY is coming and its going to be a day of ang baos, food, ang baos, and food. Furthermore, we got 2 months of holidays.. Yeah! I will be inviting everybody from the unit as well as other units, to join me for a celebration at my house, for a sumptrous dinner! Well... my house not that rich you see.. the most I can afford is food. My mum cook very well! haha. So dun expect ang baos cause I'll purposely ask my mum dun give. HEHE. (I dun think she can afford like 20 to 30 ppl's ang bao)
- Date: 11th February 2008
- Time: 7pm, evening
- Location: Toh Guan Road, Blk 271. (Unit number I tell you again. haha.)
- Buses: 105, 52, 183, 187, 176, 188, 333, 98 (have to walk).
- MRT: Jurong east MRT Station (You have to take bus from there!)
- Do come and enjoy with my dogs, my gold mahjong set, my rabbits, my tv, and me!
- Bring along: You can bring along some extra food or desserts and tidbits if you want =) And I dun mind if you want to overnight there. Can go hanhong house also. wahahaha. (He lives next blk)
- Other than the house visit, probably we can plan some mass house visits to hop around many brothers and sisters houses to visit their family!

5. Poly/DI Camp!
- The annual poly/di camp is around the corner! Yes.. I always anticipate for the camp and I really hope this time round will be another successful camp! I remember my most memorable camp was the nextgeneration 2006 camp.. Where it was a hell lot of fun and experience! I learnt alot that time too.. So people, do join this camp for the fruitful experience!
- Date: 28th, 29th, 30th March 2008 (Over the weekends)
- Location: Not yet been announced. But should be Chalet.
- Fees: The camp fee will be around 100 to 110 bucks. It is consider pretty cheap for 3 days of accomodation and food as well as all the miscelleanous expense.. So if you start saving from today, ard 1 to 2 bucks per day, it will be more than enough!
- More information will be posted.
- Take note: Students on attachment, it is planned specially on weekends so you guys can come.. So don't take for granted the efforts by the planning team for you guys! And also, the church can write in excuse letters for students to take leave from their attachments to come for the camp. =)


-----------------------------------------------------------------------

that's about it!
I hope you guys will anticipate from the announcements!
See you guys soon.... =)

No comments: